The View As Form/List/Table buttons in the status toolbar in a BACKGROUND window use the custom menu behavior of the ACTIVE window
Operating system version
OS X 10.6.4
Description of the issue
When custom menus are used to override the behavior of the View As Form, List, or Table commands, the associated buttons in the status toolbar of a background window use the behavior of the active window instead.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. Create a new file, "TEST". Create a layout and display it in Form view.
2. Modify the View Copy menu in Custom Menu Set 1, overriding the View As Form, List, and Table commands with a simple Beep action.
3. Using the Tools menu, install Custom Menu Set 1
4. Create a new window, "TEST - 2"
5. In "TEST - 2", install the default FileMaker menus
6. Position the new window so that you can see the View As buttons in the original "TEST".
7. Without first activating the "TEST" window, click the View As List button in its toolbar.
The custom menu installed in "TEST" should result in a Beep instead of switching views.
"TEST" becomes active and switches to List view. Now that the window is active, further clicking the View As buttons result in the expected Beep.