Summary

Theme broken after local editing

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OS10.10.3

Description of the issue

I was working on a local copy of a database, customising a theme (luminous) for a few hours.
      All the changes were saved to the theme as I went along.
      When I closed filemaker, and a few minutes later reopened the file, none of the changes to the style were there -- particularly, all the new styles I had added were gone, and the layout objects assigned these styles had reverted to the 'default' for that object.
      I ran a recovery, but no problems were detected.
      This has happened to me before (three times over the last year), and my colleagues have also experienced the same problem.
      Can I ask that you improve the way FM saves its themes, and/or improve the theme recovery tools. It's an expensive waste of time for me to have to re-do all this work.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Work on a theme on a local copy of a database

Expected result

The theme is edited.

Actual result

All the changes are lost.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No whatsoever.

Workaround

None.

• 1. Re: Theme broken after local editing
          TSGal

JonJ:

Thank you for your post.

Sorry for the late reply, but since I never encountered this issue, I was hoping another customer who encountered this issue would post.

Besides what you described, did you notice anything out of the ordinary just prior to this?  How long were you working with FileMaker Pro prior to the Theme changes weren't saved?  Were any other applications open?  Did the affected Theme only occur with this one file?  Or, have you seen this happen with other files?  Any other information may be helpful.

Until a cause can be found, continue to keep frequent backups.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.