Thank you for your post.
At this time, FileMaker Pro only allows importing of Themes; not updating of themes. I have forwarded this suggestion to our Development and Testing departments for review. I also recommend that you enter this suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:
The entries into this web form populate a database file that is hosted and monitored by Product Management and Development. All suggestions are discussed and considered for possible implementation in a future release. Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked on the form that only you can answer.
Theme Impostors are still a massive issue:
- It is extremely confusing and non-FileMakery that themes with identical names cannot be synchronised
- It is far too easy to break the updatability of a theme by (accidentally) renaming a theme.
- It is extremely probable that such a broken theme will go unnoticed for a long time.
- There is no yet known workaround to repair the damage, without rebuilding the theme from scratch
- It is a great aggravation, the we are thus unable to rename themes as we desire.
I have added a Product Idea to remedy this issue: Synchronize Themes by NAME as well as internal ID (just as styles are)
Please vote it up! (or - if you are FMI - implement it! )