THEME IMPOSTER - Theme A cannot be updated although the names are the same
Operating system version
Description of the issue
When importing a theme into a file where a theme of exactly the same name already exists, FileMaker does not offer to update the theme, although the theme has exactly the same name. This is counter-intuitive.
Suggestion: It would be MUCH, MUCH better if:
1. FileMaker offered the possibility to update the theme along with a warning that the themes may be of different origin, and
2. AFTER performing such a theme update, the themes are considered to be of the same origin (i.e. the internalNames are also set to be equivalent) and it is not asked again.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1) Create a custom theme "A" in File 1 from scratch
2) Create a custom theme of exactly the same name in File 2 from scratch
3) In file 2 try to import theme "A" from File 1
I expect FileMaker to offer to update theme A.
I DO NOT expect FileMaker to create a new theme "A 2" without asking.
(I expect FileMaker to match on the VISIBLE NAMES)
Rather: I would expect FileMaker to present me with a warning, that it believes I may be overwriting a theme with a 'foreign' theme (because the internalNames are different).
FileMaker does NOT update theme A
FileMaker (incomprehensibly) creates Theme "A 2"
(FileMaker matches on the INVISIBLE NAMES)
FileMaker does not warn me that the two themes may possibly be from different sources.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
"Don't hold it like that" - Steve Jobs