Summary

Third Party Server Connection

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.6.4

Description of the issue

All other Macs in the office connect OK with third party server.

I am using a MacBook Pro with FM version 10.  I use a third party host.  When I go to remote connect and click on the server (path) nothing happens.  Previously I got a dialog box that meant I had connected to the server.  I then put in a user name and password to reach the data.  The dialog box no longer appears.  I have turned off all firewall both Mac and PC (Parallel).  What do you suggest?

• 1. Re: Third Party Server Connection
          TSGal

Richard Weniger:

Thank you for your post.

If all other clients connect to a remote database, then perhaps the server.pem file is corrupt.  Go to one of the other Macs that is working, and right-click on the application FileMaker Pro 10.0v3.  Select the option "Show Package Contents".  Open Contents -> Mac OS, and copy the server.pem to the non-working machine.  Right-click the application FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 on the machine having trouble, and replace the server.pem file with the server.pem from the other machine.  Launch FileMaker Pro 10.0v3, select Open Remote from the File menu, and you should be able to see the remote files.

Let me know if you continue to have difficulty.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.