Tibetan Unicode Input Problems

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.x

Operating system version

Mac OSX 10.6+

Description of the issue

When typing Tibetan text using Mac's Tibetan-Wylie keyboard, there are a few characters that do not display properly. I have not tried all possibilities, but there are a few key ones I have found not to work. (there were quite a few issues in FM11, quite a bit of improvement in FM12)

Specifically, typing a long"a" (i.e. tA compared with ta) does not produce the proper character

It seems that FM interferes with the tibet keyboard input system. When displaying Tibetan fonts within Filemaker, there are no problems, I can copy and paste Tibetan Unicode text from TextEdit into a field and it displays no problem.

This was tried on OS 6.8 and OS 7.3

Steps to reproduce the problem

with the Tibetan - Wylie keyboard enabled, type the following in a text field in FM12:
      ka kA ki kI ga gA gi gI
      ta tA ti tI da dA di dI

do not copy and paste this, type it out, and it IS case sensitive.

Expected result

ཀ་ཀཱ་ཀི་ཀཱི་ག་གཱ་གི་གཱི་
      ཏ་ཏཱ་ཏི་ཏཱི་ད་དཱ་དི་དཱི་

Actual result

ཀ་ཀ་ཀི་ཀཱི་ག་ག་གི་གཱི་
      ཏ་ཏ་ཏི་ཏཱི་ད་ད་དི་དཱི་

Notice the 2nd and 6th character in each row. In FM12, the bottom of the character is missing.

Screen_shot_2012-04-20_at_11.49.38_AM.png

• 1. Re: Tibetan Unicode Input Problems
          TSGal

Cory Leistikow:

Thank you for your post.

Our Development and Testing departments are aware of this issue (as it also occurs with certain Thai characters).  I have attached your post to the original report, and I will post again when more information becomes available.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.