2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2009 1:04 PM by hmhalff

Time Format Display Loses Fractions of a Second

hmhalff

Summary

Time Format Display Loses Fractions of a Second

Description of the issue

I use Filemaker Pro to track times in athletic events (swimming races). I need to display these times to 1/100 sec, for example, 4:44:44.44. This display was possible in FMP 8.5, in fields that had  a time format of hh:mm:ss (24 hr) anda number format of fixed decimal with 2 places.  In FMP 9, 9.5, and 10, this feature is broken. Times with fractional seconds display with the fractions set to zero, for example, 4:44:44.00. I would love to have a workaround for this problem. Right now, I'm forced to use Version 8.5 for event times. BTW, the problem manifest in FMP and FMP Advanced, and under Mac OS X and Win XP. 

• 1. Re: Time Format Display Loses Fractions of a Second
          TSGal

hmhalff:

Thank you for your post.

Although you cannot format a time field for decimals, you can definitely enter the decimals into the time field.

This is what I have done in both FileMaker Pro 9 and FileMaker Pro 10.

Create a new table with the following fields:

Time1   (Time field)

Time2   (Time field)

CalcTime  (Calculation resulting in Time) = Time1 + Time 2

In Browse mode, I entered the following information:

Time1: 0:12:43.17

Time2: 0:22:01.21

In CalcTime, my result is:  0:34:44.38

Please let me know what is occurring for you, and we'll progress from there.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Time Format Display Loses Fractions of a Second
            hmhalff
               Thanks for the suggestion. I guess that I can do this, although it means going back and changing a lot of formats in my database. Still, someone at FileMaker ought to fix this bug. It's persisted through three upgrades now.