1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2009 10:37 AM by TSGal

Tool bar grayed out when creating new account, set privileges

jbcurry

Summary

Tool bar grayed out when creating new account, set privileges

Description of the issue

When setting up a new account user in a database (so others can't delete from system)... the tool bar is grayed out. I need employees to be able to create, edit & search records. Please help! I don't have a clue how to fix this issue... It's happen once before but on a smaller scale (deleted and started all over), and it's only with new account set privileges. The only choices available are full-access and data entries only. I need help fast and I can't delete this database and start over this time. Thank you. Using Filemaker Pro 10 on a Mac OSX.

• 1. Re: Tool bar grayed out when creating new account, set privileges
          TSGal

jbcurry:

Thank you for your post.

I don't know why the Tool Bar is grayed out.  What version of Mac OS are you using?  Leopard (10.5.x)?  Snow Leopard (10.6.x)?

Create a new privilege and user account that accesses that privilege.  Log on and see if the Tool Bar is still grayed out?  Log in with a full access password.  Is it grayed out?  Are there any startup scripts?

Any other information you can provide may help me narrow the possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.