4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2011 3:05 PM by Malcolm

Trailing Grand Summary is Not Displayed on FMGo iPad when there are approx 700 records

Malcolm

Summary

Trailing Grand Summary is Not Displayed on FMGo iPad when there are approx 700 records

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

On a list layout the trailing grand summary part is being used to display information at the foot of the list.

With up to 600 records the part displays correctly. When the number of records is increased to 700 records or greater the part is not displayed.

Steps to reproduce the problem

FMS v11 running on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Create a list layout with a trailing grand summary body part.

Have a sufficiently large record set.

Increase the found set in batches of 100 records. Scroll to the last record then scroll the screen up to reveal the trailing grand summary

Expected result

The trailing grand summary should exhibit at the end of all the records regardless of the number of records.

Actual result

At 700 records the trailing grand summary no longer displays.

• 1. Re: Trailing Grand Summary is Not Displayed on FMGo iPad when there are approx 700 records
          TSGal

Malcolm Fitzgerald:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem on my iPads running iOS 5.0.1 and FileMaker Go 1.2.4.  I am looking for an iPad with iOS 4.3.5, but I'm unable to find one.

I have a database file with three fields:

Name (Text)
          Amount (Number)
          Total Amount (Summary - Total of Amount)

I have more than 1,000 records in the table.  In FileMaker Pro, I created a Layout with Name and Amount in the Body, and put the Total Amount in the Trailing Grand Summary.  Using FileMaker Go, I accessed the file as a guest (and also later downloaded it to the iPad), switched to that Layout, set it to View as List, and with all records showing, I'm able to display the Total Amount at the very bottom of the listing.

Do you have any other files with a large number of records that also replicates this problem?  If you close out all other applications on the iPad, do you still exhibit the same issue?

Any other information you can provide to help me replicate the problem may be useful.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Trailing Grand Summary is Not Displayed on FMGo iPad when there are approx 700 records
            Malcolm

I'm using a solution developed from SeedCode v1. It has a lot of graphics on the layouts. There are about 4600 contacts. In the list view the print buttons are placed into a trailing grand summary and the advice at the top of the screen is to scroll to the bottom of the screen for print options.

With a large number of records scrolling is very tedious. I understand that this is a failing of the OS but it affects the way that I access the records. After thumbing through the records several dozen times and discovering  that I am only a fraction of the way to the bottom of the list I display the toolbar and move the slider to the extreme right to select the last record. At this point I expect to be able to scroll the window up to reveal the trailing grand summary part however it never appears and the list springs back down to reclaim the empty space.

I have upgraded the iPad to v5.0.1 and upgraded FMGo to v1.2.4. I am still seeing the same behaviour.

• 3. Re: Trailing Grand Summary is Not Displayed on FMGo iPad when there are approx 700 records
              TSGal

Malcolm Fitzgerald:

If you create a new Layout with a similar design but without the graphics, does it then appear?  In the new Layout, just include the fields and not any buttons.  Does this work?  Do any of the fields have script triggers?  Anything else you can provide to help me try and replicate the issue would be helpful.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Trailing Grand Summary is Not Displayed on FMGo iPad when there are approx 700 records
                Malcolm

Removing the graphics did not help. I then removed the buttons from the body part and it works.