Transparent buttons on IE using IWP

RandyOkane

Summary

Transparent buttons on IE using IWP

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Description of the issue

I host a filemaker database with IWP.  I have a series of transparent buttons with a non-enterable text field below it.  WIth filemaker network, Safari and Firefox, the button works fine.  On IE, only the area outside of the text field underneath works as a button.  If you click the text nothing happens.  I tried making the two objects a group, but that did not solve the problem.  Any idea how to solve this other than to use a button without text below?

Steps to reproduce the problem

IE on WIndows with a transparent button over a non-enterable field containing text.

Expected result

The entire transparent button should be able to be clicked to trigger the script

Actual result

Only the area outside the text box triggers the script.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no error message

• 1. Re: Transparent buttons on IE using IWP
          philmodjunk

Since the button is transparent, place the text field behind the button and see if it works.

You might also try ungrouping the button, selecting the button and the field, then using button Setup... to set it up as a button. This action groups both invisible button object and field with the invisible "button object" that turns it all into a clickable button.