3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 12:32 PM by file13

Troubleshooting!  PLEASE HELP!

file13

Summary

Troubleshooting!  PLEASE HELP!

Description of the issue

HELP!  When opening FileMaker I am getting an error message saying it is "damaged and cannot be opened...use the recover command to recover this file."  This is and older version, version 5.  Recovering does not do anything, and all files are gone... CAN ANYONE HELP??

• 1. Re: Troubleshooting!  PLEASE HELP!
          file13

FYI- When I contacted customer service they said posting here was my only option and that they could not help with such an old version! 

• 2. Re: Troubleshooting!  PLEASE HELP!
            TSGal

file13:

Thank you for your post.

It wasn't clear from your post what occurred when you ran the Recover command.  Did a recovered file get created?  If so, what happens when you open the recovered file?  Any additional information would be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: Troubleshooting!  PLEASE HELP!
              file13

I believe I may have figured it out.  I apologize for the lack of information in my first post (I was panicking).  After I followed the recover prompts nothing was showing up still.  I believe that it saved the recovered program under a new name.  I had to search for it, and I am able to open the recovered files now. 

Thanks very much for responding.  I do appreciate it, and will repost if I seem to be having any other problems.