Summary

Truncated Info Box

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7 Home

Description of the issue

In Layout Mode, the info box height is truncated to where I can't read the last line, the one that provides me the height of a particular object I'm trying to size. Only about 1/3 of the top of the box is viewable and I can't get the frame around it to expand. I didn't have that problem until I downloaded the latest fix for version 8.5

Filemaker.jpg

• 1. Re: Truncated Info Box
          LaRetta_1

I am surprised it works at all ... Windows 7 with 8.5, I mean.   What latest fix did you download?  An Updater?  I'm surprised that FMI even still offers those old Updaters!  Sorry but all I could suggest is roll back (restore to prior point).   But you might try reinstalling FM.

• 2. Re: Truncated Info Box
            rexincolo

Thank you LaRetta, prior to the download every time I tried to move any object, the entire screen went black. I went to FM and downloaded some fix which I have no idea what it was but at least I was able to edit pages without the screen going black.

I put this little database together about 20 years ago so who knows what version I used. However, for what I use it for, it still works fine and serves its purposes. The only reason I've upgraded to new versions to FM over the years is due to compatibility issues as these where a new operating system sort of out-dates my current version.

The only reason I'm editing it now is I moved from a desk top to a laptop and the page layouts needed editing to fit better in the laptop screen.

So, my question, should I shuck out the 2 bills and get version 12? It is quite annoying that I can't use the info box to size the height of some of the fields to the same dimensions.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Rex Watson

• 3. Re: Truncated Info Box
              LaRetta_1

Hi Rex,

"The only reason I've upgraded to new versions to FM over the years is due to compatibility issues as these where a new operating system sort of out-dates my current version."

Hitting it again would suggest an FM upgrade is due but you can consider upgrading to version 11 to save money.  12 also involves a radical file change which may require some work (conversion to 12 goes pretty smoothly but there are certainly issues to deal with).  You can probably buy version 11 on ebay.  However, jumping to 12 now would give you longer life before you hit that next 'out-dated' point.  I wish you the best with it. :^)