Truncated printing of scripts

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v1 Advanced

Operating system version

OSX 10.9.1

Description of the issue

When printing a script of over 6 pages, the script printout stopped at page 6.

(Several printouts of single page scripts printed as expected)

Steps to reproduce the problem

Selected all text and tried again, but same result. Printer set to print all pages.

Expected result

Complete script to be printed

Actual result

Script printout truncated to 6 pages

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None

Configuration information

Epson WP-4535 printer connected over WIFI network

Workaround

None

• 1. Re: Truncated printing of scripts
          TSGal

Ray Steggles:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue with FileMaker Pro Advanced 13.0v1 under Mac OS X 10.9.1.  Here are the steps I took:

1. On a Mac running Mac OS X 10.9.1, I launched FileMaker Pro Advanced 13.0v1.

2. I opened one of my larger files.

3. I duplicated one of my larger scripts (40-50 commands).

4. I edited the duplicated script, highlighted all lines, and duplicated them several times.

5. I then go to print, and the preview shows 35 pages.

6. I first print to a PDF file, successfully.

7. I then print all 35 pages successfully.

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can try to replicate the issue.

Are you able to print to a PDF file successfully?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in replicating the issue.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Truncated printing of scripts
            raysteggles

TSGal

Thank you for responding.

I followed the steps you listed and I was hoping the PDF route would be a workaround, unfortunately that gives the same result.

The preview and PDF show the truncated form as produced by the printer. In my case about 20 lines of script fail to be passed to the printer or PDF.

If you don't find a similar problem with a long script, it seems mysterious.

I've just tried a slightly shorter script. The printer preview and PDF show 4 pages, but additional lines are omitted . Could it be that lines in excess of the final full page are being ignored?

Could you check whether your 35 page document includes the last lines of your script, please?

Regards

Ray Steggles

• 3. Re: Truncated printing of scripts
              TSGal

Ray Steggles:

Thank you for the additional information.  Since many steps were duplicated on my 35-page document, I added five additional specific steps, saved the script, and printed to PDF and printer.  Those five additional steps do display.

If possible, I would like to see a copy/clone of the database file so I can try it here.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Truncated printing of scripts
                philmodjunk

You might try recovering your file and see if the recovered copy exhibits the same behavior.

• 5. Re: Truncated printing of scripts
                  raysteggles

PhilModJunk

Thank you. I've done that. The recovery process found no problems with the file, however, the printing is now correct. I don't understand why and what the reason  was.

TSGal

Unfortunately, it includes patients'  personal and medical information, so I wouldn't be able to send the whole database. As you can see the recovery process has resolved the immediate problem, and I'll see if it recurs. Thank you. 

Regards

Ray Steggles

• 6. Re: Truncated printing of scripts
                    philmodjunk

however, the printing is now correct. I don't understand why and what the reason  was.

If you take a look at advanced recovery options where you can pick and choose to only apply a portion of the full recovery process, you'll find that there's an option that resets a number of settings back to "factory spec"--at least one of which refers to printing so that may be why recovering the file resolved this issue even though it does not report finding any problems.

• 7. Re: Truncated printing of scripts
                      raysteggles

PhilModJunk

Thank you for the further information.

Regards

Ray Steggles