4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2009 11:32 PM by UnknownUser

Trying to delete a field causes FMP 9.0v3 to crash in OS 10.4.11

UnknownUser

Summary

Trying to delete a field causes FMP 9.0v3 to crash in OS 10.4.11

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 9.0v3 Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.4.11 Detailed description of the issue:I have developed a moderate sized relational database: not many records, 8 tables, about 100 scripts and 40 layouts. When I try to delete a field the program crashes. I have to Force Quit to get out. Exact steps to reproduce the issue: I select a field (a global) from the Manage database listing, and click on "Delete"Expected Result:Um. that the field is deleted and references to the field are deleted. Actual Result:Filemaker begins to scan for references to the field, then I get the OS beach-ball. when I look at the Force Quit screen, I see "FileMaker Pro not responding." Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/AAny additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:I have tried to recover the file. the recovery did not report any problems, but nothing changed. Any workarounds that you have found:No, and of course, I worry that the entire database could be unstable.