Trying to save script results in proliferation of dialogs

Question asked by tmansour on Nov 30, 2010
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2010 by philmodjunk

Summary

Trying to save script results in proliferation of dialogs

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP11A (working with file hosted on FMS10)

Operating system version

OS X 10.6.5

Description of the issue

FileMaker presents a dialog which asks to save changes to an open script with unsaved changes. Normally, clicking any button in this dialog results in the dialog being dismissed (and, if requested, the changes to the script are saved).

Instead, when I clicked any button in the dialog all I got was in a new copy of the same dialog being displayed. This took a moment to diagnose, because the duplicate dialogs were being drawn at exactly the same location on screen.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Uncertain what exact steps led to this. I was editing a script and had clicked on another open FileMaker window and tried to the run the script when the initial dialog appeared (as expected).

Expected result

Only one Save Script dialog should be displayed; clicking a button in a Save Script dialog should not result in another dialog being drawn.

Actual result

FileMaker opened repeated copies of the same dialog every time a clicked a button.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

All copies of dialog stated "You have 1 script(s) open with unsaved changes. Do you want to save these changes before performing this operation?" with buttons Don't Save, Cancel, Save All.

Configuration information

Server: xServe G5, OS X Server 10.4, FMS10
Client: MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo, OS X 10.6.5, FMP11A

Workaround

I could do nothing to dismiss the dialogs as every click merely opened another dialog. Had to Force Quit from FileMaker Pro.

FileMaker_Crazy_Dialogs.png

Outcomes