1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 28, 2010 1:23 PM by TSGal

Unable To Add New Records Via iTouch To A Database When Using Instant Web Publishing

StephanGasser

Summary

Unable To Add New Records Via iTouch To A Database When Using Instant Web Publishing

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OS X 10.6.4

Description of the issue

We have a filemaker 11 database on a iMac that we access through Instant Web Publishing using an iTouch (iOS 4.0.1). We can access and edit the first row, but not any other.

I would appreciate any help.

Best,

Stephan

• 1. Re: Unable To Add New Records Via iTouch To A Database When Using Instant Web Publishing
          TSGal

Stephan Gasser:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem.  This is what I did...

On a MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.6.4, I launched FileMaker Pro 11v2 and opened a database file that had many records.  I turned on Instant Web Publishing.  On an iPod touch running iOS 4.0.1, I launched Safari.  I entered the local IP Address and the Instant Web Publishing page displayed.  I selected the file and switched to Table View.  I selected the second record, and it moved to the top and put me in Edit mode.  After pressing Cancel, I then selected the fifth record.  At first, the field highlighted, but nothing happened.  I did it again with the same result.  Finally, on the third attempt, the fifth record moved to the top and put me in Edit mode.  This selection seemed a bit sporadic with other records.

I pressed the New Record icon (several times), and a new record was added immediately.

On an iPad, all buttons acted without any problems.

Let me know if your access privileges allow you to add a record.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.