Unable to create runtime whilst in user account

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP Adv 11v3

Operating system version

Mac OSX10.6.5

Description of the issue

Unable to create runtime whilst within a user account.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Using Mac OSX create a user account with only user privileges.  Whilst in this user account, attempt to create a runtime from an existing file.

Expected result

A runtime version of the file should be created.

Actual result

Process fails

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

File is locked or in use.

Configuration information

Note that I'm using a University machine which is locked down so I cannot normally run from the admin account, since I'm not a sysadmin.  FMP 11 Adv is installed in the main applications folder.

Workaround

Log out of user account and login to an admin account.  Using the same file, attempt to create a runtime.  The process will then work and a runtime version of the file will be created.  Unfortunately since I'm on a University machine which is locked down, this option is not available to me.

Note the problem does not appear to exist with FMP8 Adv, possibly because the application is owned by the admin account name and NOT 'system,' as happens with FMP11 Adv.  Therefore I regard it as a bug.

Is there any way to alter the permissions to make it possible to create a runtime when in an OSX Standard account?  A CLI script would be OK.