5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2012 8:55 AM by user15307

Unable to download Filemaker Pro online as part of special offer with Filemaker Go

YvettevanWijk

Summary

Unable to download Filemaker Pro online as part of special offer with Filemaker Go

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows

Description of the issue

When I go to Buy Now, and type in the Order number and date for the filemaker Go that I purchased and downloaded from ITunes. I can only get the Filemaker Pro software by post and the postage almost negates the benefit of the special 50% off offer!

How can I download Filemaker Pro from the ITunes store online and not have to get the software posted as a physical parcel? I am in South Africa.

• 1. Re: Unable to download Filemaker Pro online as part of special offer with Filemaker Go
          user15307

Yvette van Wijk,

One issue that some are having when submitting the "Buy Now" page is at the selection of the language and country.  Does yours look like this?

• 2. Re: Unable to download Filemaker Pro online as part of special offer with Filemaker Go
            YvettevanWijk

Well, yes, the page starts like that exactly, I tried choosing "English UK" plus South Africa (which is what we speak here!) but then I got the price for the software to be posted from England and with tax it was even more expensive than the "English North America" which was in dollars! Then I tried to use the "English other" option to sdee what happened and if I could get it in Rands, But it just bombed out each time!!

What I don't understand is why do I have to get ti posted and not downloaded from teh internet as the trial version is done? If I get charged for postage and S A import duty as well I will end up paying more than I would if I just bought the download straight without the special 50% off!

I am also hoping that there are not two seperate software packages for Filemaker Pro, one for Windows and one for Apple as I will be using it on Windows 7 though I have the Filemaker Go on my iPad.

• 3. Re: Unable to download Filemaker Pro online as part of special offer with Filemaker Go
              user15307

The electronic download link that you will receive will have both a Windows and Mac installer; you will always have access to install on either platform.

I am still investigating what might be happening on your end.  The "Purchase discounted FileMaker Pro 11 now"-Submit button, should get you to a cart with the 50% discount for the download, and I'm not sure what other charges you are seeing.

While I continue to research, would you please verify that you have been using this page to enter in the purchase information from iTunes for FileMaker Go?

http://www.filemakertrial.com/gopromo/form/entry.aspx

Thank you,

TSTuatara

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Unable to download Filemaker Pro online as part of special offer with Filemaker Go
                YvettevanWijk

Thanks so much for trying to help.

Yes, that is the page link I am using. But the issue here is that after completing that page and getting to the next, and the next, I do NOT get an option to download electronically, I only get an option to order by post, and there is NO option to choose between Apple or Windows. I have obviously not gone as far as submitting the final order, but I have gone to the final page after adding in my credit card number - they ask for all details, although I already have an account with iTunes. I did not have to give all my details when downloading the Filemaker Go.

I am now caught, I have downloaded and bought the Filemaker Go for my iPad and have to get the Filmaker Pro to actually be able work with it on my desktop, BUT it seems I can only buy a physical version which has to be posted from either America or England and it will cost me much more than the 50% off gives me! I am also very worried that if I do order through this process I will end up with a very expensive program for Apple and not for Windows!

I want to download it electronically from the internet, as you say in your answer above, but HOW! Try going through the whole process with South Africa as your address and see what happens!? I cannot find a South African supplier listed anywhere which is why I am using this forum to try to find out what to do.

• 5. Re: Unable to download Filemaker Pro online as part of special offer with Filemaker Go
                  user15307

Yvette van Wijk

Thank you for your patience, as we work to figure this out. 

The receipt number from the purchase you made at the iTunes store for the app, FileMaker Go for the iPad, is what you will be entering at that link to get to the page for the FileMaker Pro 11 purchase under the terms of the promotion.  You will be prompted again for a credit card number, because the FileMaker Pro 11 purchase is directly to FileMaker, not the iTunes store.

Would you give me your postal code so that I can get directly to the page you are seeing?

TSTuatara

FileMaker, Inc.