Summary

Unable to find an icon "one to many" from relationships of database

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

windows 7

Description of the issue

Hello, I have downloaded Filemaker pro 13 and try to create a database between client record and their medical record, since a client will visit several times, therefore I would like to use their unique ID linking together. Somehow I can only see many to many relational database button, and unable to see the "one to many" button, does anyone know about it?can anyone help please? Appreciate your help.

• 1. Re: Unable to find an icon "one to many" from relationships of database
          TSGal

Wing Wong:

Make sure the unique ID field in the client record is linked to an ID field in the "visit" table.  Then, your relationship graph should show a single line emanating from the client table and connecting to the "visit" table ID field, which will have a fork emanating from that table/field.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Unable to find an icon "one to many" from relationships of database
            philmodjunk

You won't see that single line unless the ID field is defined in one of two ways:

1.           The field is an auto-entered serial number
            3.           The field has a unique values validation option specified (and this should be selected if you are using Get (UUID) ).

If you are using an externally supplied unique ID--such as a Social Security Number or a Patient ID generated from another computer system, I recommend that you not use it as a match field in relationships. It's better to keep that field as a data field in Clients, but use an internally generated ID field for linking to other tables in relationships.