Unable to open FileMaker (Shopworks) application

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Pro 10.0v3

Operating system version

Windows 8.1

Description of the issue

When opening application, it starts loading and when it gets to FileMaker Quick Start in the first box the "Recent Files" is highlighted in blue, then I click on "OnSite7" in the second box, then click "Open".

An error occurs. "Int_Session.fp7" could not be opened. Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host. Once I click "OK" a second screen opens. It wants me to open a file. I do not know where to retrieve the file, nor do I know the name of the file it is looking for.

See attached file.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

"Int_Session.fp7" could not be opened. Either the host is not available, or the file is not available on that host.

shopworks_error.JPG

• 1. Re: Unable to open FileMaker (Shopworks) application
          TSGal

samantha ward:

Thank you for your post.

In the "OnSite7" file, it is trying to open the "Int_Session.fp7" file.  When you click OK, FileMaker prompts you with an open file dialog, allowing you locate the "Int_Session.fp7" file to open.  If you click Cancel, OnSite.fp7 will open, but any relationships you have with the Int_Session file will be broken.

Perhaps the "Int_Session.fp7" file is located in the same folder with OnSite.fp7.  Perform a find on your system for Int_Session.fp7 and open the file.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Unable to open FileMaker (Shopworks) application
            philmodjunk

This is due to a messed up External Data Source entry that tells FileMaker where to look to find this file. You'll need to either put the file where this entry specifies or update the external data source entry to specify the new location of this file. Either way, you'll need to open Manage | external Data Sources and look for an entry that refers to this file.

• 3. Re: Unable to open FileMaker (Shopworks) application
              samanthaward

I cannot locate the file anywhere on my system. Is there another location where I can retrieve the file or download the file? Or do I need to reload the application?

• 4. Re: Unable to open FileMaker (Shopworks) application
                TSGal

samantha ward:

If you are unable to locate the Int_Session.fp7 file, then you may want to remove it.  To do this, after you open OnSite7, pull down the File menu and select Manage -> Database.  Click on the Relationships tab, and you will a reference to the Int_Session.fp7 file.  Click on Int_Session.fp7 and delete it.  Any reference to this file on your layouts will also be removed.

If you need the file, then contact the person who created the OnSite7 file.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Unable to open FileMaker (Shopworks) application
                  philmodjunk

select Manage -> Database.  Click on the Relationships tab,

If that works, ignore what I am posting, but there may not be a table occurrence there and it may not be named after the file if it is. (A script can reference a script in the file and a value list can be set up to refer to a value list in the file...)

You might, instead want to try removing any entries in Manage | External Data Sources on a copy of your file and then try opening your file and see what happens. You may now get a different message or a table occurrence over in Manage | database | Relatinships may now appear to be an empty box so you'll have to try it and see what happens.

• 6. Re: Unable to open FileMaker (Shopworks) application
                    RobinC

I've had exactly the same problem with the "Int_Session.fp7" file. It happens when we phase out a PC and install the software on a new PC. The new install of FMP works but the ONSITE link doesn't. I've had to let Shopworks remote access the PC to fix it. I'm really tired of paying them to fix their programing problems. I'm guessing you had to let them fix it also. Any insight as to what they did?

• 7. Re: Unable to open FileMaker (Shopworks) application
                      philmodjunk

To repeat, use Manage | External Data Sources to check for and update any external data source references to a file with that name.

• 8. Re: Unable to open FileMaker (Shopworks) application
                        RobinC

The answer to the Shopworks / Onsite problem is with the SERVER PERMISSIONS FILE.

The following is copied (with thanks) from the Shopworks site:

"If you installed Shopworks on a workstation and can see the hosted database but not the database files through File “open remote”, it is likely that the server.pem file did not get installed due to security settings on your computer.
                        The Server.pem is an SSL certificate file that is created when you install FileMaker Pro. It is used to find files for a hosted database. There are steps for both
                        Mac and PC
                        Follow the steps below to fix this issue for a PC
                        download the file “Server_Pem PC file.” Click here to download the Windows file (http://www.shopworkscentral.com/projects/4hryq8o07h) Extract the
                        file and make sure you are exited out of FileMaker Pro before moving to the next step.
                        Copy the file “server.pem” into the default directory for you FileMaker Pro installation folder.
                        *The default location of server.pem is :
                        C:/Program Files (x86)/Filemaker/Filemaker Pro 10/"

If you go to SHOPWORKS and log in... it is in one of their posted Help File Downloads. Has Pictures and the Download Zip File.