1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 7, 2015 10:25 AM by TSGal

Unable to read MAC address of database hosting server.

AlexS_2

Summary

Unable to read MAC address of database hosting server.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0.v3

Operating system version

Win 7

Description of the issue

I have 3 network devices connected to my Server (Host) and I am trying to get the MAC address of network adapter using the function "Get (SystemNICAddress)" but getting the MAC address of all 3 devices. Whereas I need to have the MAC address of computer's NIC card and not for others.

Expected result

Should give the MAC address of hosting computer rather than giving the MAC ID of all the devices in format as AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF.

• 1. Re: Unable to read MAC address of database hosting server.
          TSGal

Alex S:

Thank you for your post.

Get (SystemNICAddress) returns the hardware address of all the Network Interface Controller cards connected to the machine as a return-separated list.  Since you have three network devices connected, you will get a list of three addresses.

At this time, there is no function to get the MAC address of the hosting computer; only the IP Address.  I recommend entering this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form populate a database file that is monitored by Product Management and Development.  All entries are read, discussed and considered for possible implementation in a future release.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked on the form that only you can answer.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.