2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2009 9:24 PM by appworks

Unexplained beeps when running scripts in succession

appworks

Summary

Unexplained beeps when running scripts in succession

Description of the issue

If I have a script, such as one that sorts records, and I click a button to run this script, if I click the button again quickly (within 1 second or so) the script fails to run, and comptuer will beep. It's as though the script finishes running, but doesn't 'clean up' or something so there's an error. A common example would be a button that sorts by either ascending or descending, and alternates each time you click it. If I click several times a second, it fails very frequently (but not all the time) If I wait 2 seconds, it never fails. This did not happen in the ETS version to my knowledge, but I can reproduce it on several Macs. I just noticed that if the Data Viewer is open, it has a HUGE effect on this issue. It almost never happens unless Data Viewer is open.

• 1. Re: Unexplained beeps when running scripts in succession
          TSGal

msnmedia:

Thank you for your post.

What kind of computer are you attempting this from?  What other applications are running?  What OS are you running?

In any case, I have forwarded this link to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments to confirm.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Unexplained beeps when running scripts in succession
            appworks

I'm using OSX 10.5.6 on 3 different Macs to reproduce this problem. All the Macs I'm testing on are running Intel Core2Duo processors. I've tried this with no other applications running, and with several others, and the result is the same. It seems to really be a data viewer issue, though I can also reproduce it with data viewer and script debugger closed.

I have not yet tried to reproduce this with FileMaker Pro 10, only Pro Advanced.