Unresponsive dialog boxes

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Advanced 11.0v2

Operating system version

Mac OS X v10.6.4

Description of the issue

Dialog boxes to Open Remote files don't respond at all. Can't select from Favourite hosts and cannot type anything in dialog boxes requesting input (for example, entering account and password).

I have to quit Filemaker Pro and relaunch.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Cannot be reproduced easily. But mostly when I try to launch FM Pro while my computer has just started up.

Expected result

As per description of issue.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error message.

Configuration information

MacBook Pro 15"
      Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz
      4GB RAM
      Mac OS X v10.6.4

Workaround

Quit and relaunch.

• 1. Re: Unresponsive dialog boxes
          TSGal

bcheang:

Thank you for your post.

I have not encountered this problem, and I know that doesn't help you.

When you get this unresponsiveness, do you get any type of beeping when trying to enter characters?  Are the menu options available?  Are you able to press command-Q (to quit)?  If you updated to Mac OS X 10.6.5, do you still have this problem?  Let me know some more of your observations, as this may help narrow the focus.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Unresponsive dialog boxes
            jwmickelson

Please see my post describing this exact issue (http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/ecb05951d5).

I've answered the above questions on my post, but I'll post my responses here too:

- No beeps

- I'm on OSX 10.5.6, problem occurs on this version too.

- The dialog appear to be inactive, as if it's behind another dialog, but it's not.  It's title bar remains light grey and light grey title bar text...  Never the dark grey and blank text of an active dialog.

- Quitting FileMaker may not be necessary, for me if you cancel all open dialogs and then re-open the Open File dialog everything will work again.

** Question for "bcheang":  Do you have the Quckstart Screen opening by default on startup? Or does your FileMaker Automatically open the Open File Dialog (which is the behavior when the Quickstart SCreen has had it's checkbox "show this screen when FileMaker pro opens" turned off)?  

For me: I have the open File Dialog opening on startup.