Summary

Unused portion of page outside layout printing as grey

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OSX 10.6.8

Description of the issue

When printing (including printing to a PDF) any unused portion of a page outside the layout prints as grey.

When using different parts to a layout such as a header or footer there is a fine grey line between each part.

This is shown on the preview of the layout as well (see attached screenshot)

Link to the thread in which this problem was discussed http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/74eb66339b

Steps to reproduce the problem

Create a layout that is smaller than the specified print page size, such as creating a layout that only covers half an A4 page

Print or generate PDF of printed page with paper size set to A4

Expected result

Unused portion of page outside layout not filled

Actual result

Unused portion of page outside layout filled as grey

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error message

Configuration information

Paper size set to A4

Workaround

Extending layout beyond the paper size, and selecting to print only the single first page

Screen_shot_2012-05-09_at_11.29.28_PM.png

• 1. Re: Unused portion of page outside layout printing as grey
          TSGal

S W:

Thank you for your post, and thank you for supplying the link so I can see what was discussed with "PhilModJunk".

Did you select any particular theme?  If not, are you using the Classic Theme?

Regardless, send in your file so I can try to replicate the issue here.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.  It is close to my end of day here, so no rush in getting it to me, as I won't be able to look at it until Monday.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Unused portion of page outside layout printing as grey
            TSGal

S W:

I received your file.  Thank you.

The Theme was set to Condensed -> Light, so that is the reason for the theme color continuing.  Change the Theme to Classic and set the fonts to Time New Roman.  I have change this for you, and I have sent the file back to our Technical Support contact, so you should get an email from him shortly.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.