2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2010 12:14 PM by philmodjunk

Unwanted Field borders visible after field exit

philmodjunk

Summary

Unwanted Field borders visible after field exit

Description of the issue

Has anybody else seen this one? Filemaker 11Windows XP, SP3 In list or form view, with a white background, if a field with no specified border is exited, the right and bottom field borders (which, along with top and left borders became visible when a field on the record was entered), remain visible after you exit the field. You can exit via keyboard action or mouse and get the same result. Switching to a different record sometimes leaves the right border, but the bottom now disappears. To fully hide this phantom border requires: Open and close the database, switching views between table, list, form, or switching window modes between Layout, browse, preview or find. This does not occur with filemaker 10.

• 1. Re: Unwanted Field borders visible after field exit
          TSGal

PhilModJunk:

Using FileMaker Pro 11 with Windows XP SP3, I am unable to replicate this problem.

In Form View, I have a white background, and a field without any border specified.  When I tab outside the field, the borders are lightly dashed, and if I click outside all fields and commit the record, the field returns to no borders.

I've tried to replicate this on five different files.

Do you have a file you can send me along with the exact steps to replicate the problem?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Unwanted Field borders visible after field exit
            philmodjunk

Let me do some more checking on several different machines first, then I'll send you a copy. It might be a video card issue if you can't replicate it. I can confirm this happens with brand new test files.

There really aren't any steps more exact than what I've already posted.