1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 7, 2009 11:47 AM by TSGal

Upgrade FM adv 10.0v1 to 10.0v2 prevents editing

JTChambers

Summary

Upgrade FM adv 10.0v1 to 10.0v2 prevents editing

Description of the issue

I use FM Pro Advanced 10.0v2 on an XP Prof SP3 PC.I have three username/passwords setup on the PC for three groups to use (one at a time), all three users are administrators on the PC --- Using two of the logon's I can run Filemaker programs, edit them, modify scripts, run debugger, etc., without issue. --- Using the third logon, I can run programs and look at scripts BUT I cannot modify scripts or make any other changes. When I attempt to, Filemaker closes and exits. --- There is no security on the Filemaker programs and they are run using admin with blank password. This condition started when I upgraded from 10.0v1 to 10.0v2. Before that all three users were able to have full access to all the feature/functions. Any ideas where to start looking?

• 1. Re: Upgrade FM adv 10.0v1 to 10.0v2 prevents editing
          TSGal

JTChambers:

Thank you for your post.

Something is telling the third user to not allow scripts to be modified.

Are you receiving any kind of error message?  If so, what is it? 

Have the third user create a new database file.  See if the user has the ability to create and modify scripts.  This would be the quickest test.

Make sure the third user is accessing the original file using user name Admin with no password. If so, then make sure the privilege settings were not changed to the original database.

Any additional information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing the possible causes.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.