Summary

Upgrade from FM13 to FM14 client, Print preview no longer shows

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FM14

Operating system version

Description of the issue

Print preview now shows a Grey box rather than the preview of what you may be about to print,

Steps to reproduce the problem

Select Print then when the print dialogue opens the preview behind is now grey. Repeated steps in FM13 client with the same Database and the preview shows the correct information.

Screen_Shot_2015-08-10_at_15.46.16.png

• 1. Re: Upgrade from FM13 to FM14 client, Print preview no longer shows

Emily Le Hegarat:

Thank you for the post. 

I am unable to replicate. To attempt to replicate, I performed the following steps:

1. File > New From Starter Solution… > Inventory > Save

2. Opened the file with FileMaker Pro 13.0v9

3. Clicked “Preview” 

4. Closed the file

5. Opened the file with FileMaker Pro 14.0.1

6. Clicked “Preview”

In my testing, I received identical results with FileMaker Pro 13.0v9 and FileMaker Pro 14.0.1. Some questions to assist us with narrowing this down:

1. Does this behavior occur with one of the Starter Solutions?

2. Does this behavior occur with only one layout or all layouts in the database?

3. If a new layout is created in the database, then does this work correctly?

Additionally, I recommend running a recover on this file to see if it might be damaged.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1. The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".

2. Recover does not detect all problems

3. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly

4. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

And here's a knowledge base article that you may find useful:

What to do when your file is corrupt

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Upgrade from FM13 to FM14 client, Print preview no longer shows
            EmilyLeHegarat

Hi,

The issue occurs when we print.

In our Database when we print a preview of what is about to be printed pops up, now though when we do this the print preview window comes up as a grey blank box.

I have attached a 2 GIF's to show the issue.

Thanks

Emily