Summary

Upgrade to Filemaker Pro 13 - Parsing error

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7 Professional

Description of the issue

Have recently upgraded to Filemaker Pro 13 however when launching, I get the following error:

Error parsing C:\ Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config
      Parser returned error 0xC00CE504

When I click OK to the message, nothing happens. I have tried a repair tool for .NET framework, I've tried a clean boot....any other suggestions??

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Error parsing C:\ Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config
      Parser returned error 0xC00CE504

• 1. Re: Upgrade to Filemaker Pro 13 - Parsing error
          TSGal

Louise Carrigan:

Thank you for your post.

To verify a "clean boot", does this mean you rebooted Windows using only Microsoft services (no other startup programs)?

If the repair tool for .NET framework doesn't work, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the .NET framework?

Do you have access to another machine?  If so, does FileMaker Pro work on that machine?  Or, do you get the same error?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling FileMaker Pro?

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Upgrade to Filemaker Pro 13 - Parsing error
            LouiseCarrigan

Hello

Yes, the clean boot was using only Microsoft services.

Haven't tried uninstalling and reinstalling the .NET framework - would you suggest giving this a go?

There are three other machines using the program and they haven't had any issues with it

And yes, we've uninstalled and reinstalled Filemaker Pro a few times but to no avail!

Thanks

Louise

• 3. Re: Upgrade to Filemaker Pro 13 - Parsing error
              TSGal

Louise Carrigan:

Thank you for the clarification.

Since FileMaker Pro is working on other machines, we need to determine the difference between a working machine and your machine. Uninstalling and Reinstalling FileMaker Pro was the correct step.

Since the error appears with the .NET framework, I would definitely suggest replacing it (uninstall/reinstall).

Continue to keep me updated.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.