Summary

Upgrade to FileMaker Server 13.0v5 causing Toolbar issues in Webdirect

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows Server 2008R2 SP!

Description of the issue

We upgraded FileMaker Server to 13.0v5.  We have an application that was built for webdirect.  After upgrading, the toolbar is not showing.  There is a space for the toolbar, but the toolbar is blank.  (see Screenshot attached).

Steps to reproduce the problem

Log into FileMaker Webdirect application or navigate through application, the Toolbar does not show.

Expected result

The toolbar should show.

Actual result

The toolbar does not show.

Configuration information

This is happening on Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Workaround

The toolbar state is showing, but hidden.  You can manually go to View, Status Toolbar.  You must do this 2 times to Hide the Toolbar and then Show the Toolbar. 

We also changed the Opening Script, OnObjectModify and OnModeChange script triggers to Hide the toolbar and then Show the toolbar.

Filemaker_Toolbar_issue.jpg

• 1. Re: Upgrade to FileMaker Server 13.0v5 causing Toolbar issues in Webdirect
          TSGal

Lisa Kurtz:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. I have updated to FileMaker Server 13.0v5 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine.

2. Using Chrome 39 under Windows 7, I have opened the FMServer_Sample.fmp12 file, and then selected View -> Status Toolbar to toggle it on.  The Toolbar displays perfectly.  I toggled the Status Toolbar off and on several times.

3. I logged out of Chrome 39 and launched Internet Explorer 11 (still on the same Windows 7 machine).  Again no issues.

4. I performed the same steps on a Mac OS X 10.10.1 machine using both Chrome 39 and Safari 8.0 without any issues.

Firefox is not supported for WebDirect, and I don't have it installed to test.

Are you able to reproduce the issue with the FMServer_Sample.fmp12 file?

Any other information you can provide may help determine possible causes.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Upgrade to FileMaker Server 13.0v5 causing Toolbar issues in Webdirect
            lisafkurtz

Hi TSGal - 

We stepped through the Opening Script in our database and there were multiple instances of hiding and showing the toolbar that were invoked.  We have removed all of them except for the final hiding of the tool bar on the main menu.  This appears to have fixed our problem.  It must have been the calling of multiple Hide/Shows of the Toolbar that caused this to stop working after the upgrade.

Lisa Kurtz