Uploaded to Server flag set too early

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v3

Operating system version

OS X 10.9.5

Description of the issue

If you try to upload a file to FileMaker Server using the Share > Upload to FileMaker Server... option, and that upload fails, you may still get the prompt Use Local Version/Use Hosted Version.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I'm not sure how to reproduce the failed upload to the server - I can provide the file used if necessary (1.62 GB).

In my case, the fact that the upload failed can probably be considered "normal", since the file I tried to upload was a runtime file I had received from a client, where for some reason the file extension had been removed.

Expected result

No prompt to open hosted version if the file has never been hosted.

Actual result

Prompt to open hosted version even if the file has never been hosted.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No actual error message, but the erroneous message is:

[FileName]
      This file has previously been uploaded to FileMaker Server.
      [FMS IP]
      Use Local Version. Use Hosted Version.

• 1. Re: Uploaded to Server flag set too early
          CamelCase

As a feature request on this, it would also have been nice to have a "Cancel" option, not just Open Local or Open Hosted!

• 2. Re: Uploaded to Server flag set too early
            David Wikström:

Thank you for the post.

At this time the flag may be set even if the file is not successfully uploaded. While there is no "Cancel" option, there is a check box for "Do not show for this file again" and checking the box will clear the flag. (See screenshot below). 

After checking the box and clicking "Use Local Version," if the file is uploaded again, the process will once again add the flag.

If you would like to see this changed, I would encourage you to enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

These web form suggestions are monitored and read by our Development and Product Management departments where they are then discussed and considered for a future release. Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are some questions asked that only you can answer.

TSFalcon
            FileMaker, Inc.