1 Reply Latest reply on May 21, 2013 10:12 AM by disabled_ntaylor

Uploading database with remote container folder fails if folder has custom icon

MattNavarre

Summary

Uploading database with remote container folder fails if folder has custom icon

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Max OSX 10.8 on client; Windows Server 2008 on Server.

Description of the issue

If you have a FileMaker 12 database with container data in a Google Drive folder that you wish to upload to FileMaker Server using the Admin Console, it fails. This is because Google Drive adds a custom icon to each folder, and the Admin Console can't parse the icon file.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Move the database file and the folders out of Google Drive. Click on the folder, and hit command-I. Click on the icon, and delete it. Do this for all three levels of folder. Upload will now work.

Expected result

Expected that it would ignore the icon

Actual result

It doesn't ignore the icon

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

see screen shot
      "The Filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect"

Configuration information

none

Workaround

Move the files out of Google Drive. I suspect this issue may affect DropBox as well, as they also add custom icons to folders inside of shared folders.

Screen_Shot_2013-05-01_at_11.12.34_PM.png

• 1. Re: Uploading database with remote container folder fails if folder has custom icon

Matt Navarre:

Thank you for the post.

I am unable to replicate this. While I did not have access to Google Drive for testing, I was able to successfully upload a file from a custom icon subfolder inside a custom icon subfolder in a shared folder that also had a custom icon.

Folders or subfolders with custom icons do not seem to make a difference when uploading a file to FileMaker Server. I tested on Mac OS X 10.8.3 with FileMaker Server 12 Advanced and uploaded from a custom icon two subfolders down located within a shared folder for a Windows 7 virtual environment. 

Does this only happen with Google Drive folders?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.