Upon Excel file being created any post formatting to the Excel cells will not retain the formatting
FileMaker Pro/Adv 9.0v3, FileMaker Pro/Adv 10.0v3
Operating system version
Windows XP SP2
Description of the issue
Detailed description of the issue:Creating Excel files either through Save as Excel or Export ( .xls ) produces files which will not retain the formatting changes applied in Excel AFTER the files has been created. The issue can be erratic as sometimes the format will keep and sometimes it does not. However I can reproduce the issue every single time when fields with NULL data in involved. Also copying and pasting this data into an existing Excel template brings the issues over with it unless one uses Paste Special ( values only ).
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. Export a found set as Excel or Save as Excel ( preferably where at least one record has a null value in a field )
2. Open the newly created Excel file.
3. Select all the data in Excel and perform some formatting changes to the cells such as adding borders / shading etc.
4. Save Excel File and Close Excel File.
5. Open Excel File and you will see that the formatting on the Null cells do not retain the formatting you applied.
6. This also happens if you take the data and copy into a template or another Excel File, Worksheet, etc then apply the formatting.
The formatting should remain as applied.
Formatting goes away. Furthermore, as stated earlier it can be erratic but it can be reproduced with NULL cells consistently
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
Paste into an existing or new Worksheet using Paste Special ( Values only )