User login window loses focus

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13v3

Operating system version

Windows 7 Professional 64bit Service Pack 1

Description of the issue

When a user open a FileMaker file using Pro for a hosted server based solution, the system will randomly lose focus on the login window (asking for username and password) and the user can not click into that dialog to enter their details.  They have to force quit FileMaker and open it again.

Steps to reproduce the problem

This is a random problem that isn't easy to reproduce on command.  It is happening for several users across the network at different times.

Expected result

Should be able to log in.

• 1. Re: User login window loses focus
          TSGal

Paul de Hallé:

Thank you for your post.

Is it possible there is another window that has opened behind it?  Are you able to move the Login window?

What else can you tell me about the solution?  For example, does it open other files?  Is there a connection to external database files?

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: User login window loses focus
            EricJungemann

Hi TSGal,

I was searching the forums for an issue that we have with focus.  Up to date Yosemite and FileMaker Pro 13.0v2.
            In our case, with two windows open (one in front with proper focus), if we click away to another app or window, when we come back, the front window doesn't have focus.  We can regain focus by clicking in another window and coming back.  This is random.
            Did not happen in Mavericks and FMP 12.  If you are aware of a focus issue, it would be great to know so we can stop worrying about it in our FMP 13 rollout.
            Thanks,
            Eric

• 3. Re: User login window loses focus
              TSGal

Eric Jungemann:

Thank you for your post.

The original poster is running Windows 7.

With that said, there are screen refresh issues with Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) while running FileMaker Pro 13.  Our Development and Testing departments are aware of these refresh issues.

I have attached your post to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: User login window loses focus
                TSGal

All:

This issue has been addressed in FileMaker Pro 15.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.