Thanks for posting!
I think we need a bit more detail about your issue in order to proceed. Can you post the script that behaves unexpectedly? I'm also unsure of where the script fails. Does it work in FileMaker Pro 7 and fail in FileMaker Pro 11? Does it work in FileMaker Pro 11 but fail in FileMaker Go?
Any other information that you think may be helpful would be greatly appreciated as well.
Hi TSBear Thanks for quick reply. It works fine in both versions of FileMake_Pro
FileMake_Go works fine when I use (access) the FM_pro ver 7 DataBase.
Problem is when using ver. 11 with FileMaker_go ! !
Not sure 'how to' transport the script to you??
To Post a script:
- You can upload a screen shot by clicking the edit link to your original message and uploading it there
- You can upload a screen shot to a file share site and post the download link to a new response you post here.
- You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF.
- If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
I used a little different aproach tmaking a dupl file for use in fp 11 BUT I SWEAR I DID NOT CHANGE any scripts and now all is working fine ! Thanks
That's interesting. You may want to run a consistency check and a recovery on the file to test for damage. First bring the file to a computer with FileMaker Pro 11 installed. Then, open FileMaker Pro 11 and head to File -> Recover. Select your file and click Check Consistency. If it comes up and indicates the file is not damaged, try again but instead click the Select button. This will create a new recovered file and will also display a dialog with the results.
If both the consistency check and recovery process indicate that the file is not damaged, you should be safe but you'll certainly want to monitor it closely and make frequent back ups. If it does detect damage, I highly recommend taking a look at knowledge base answer #5421 for next steps.