Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution

jnardozza

Summary

Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Server is Windows Server 2012, user was running the latest version of Chrome.

Description of the issue

When opening WebDirect via a browser, the user is faced with an error message (see uploaded images)

Steps to reproduce the problem

Uncertain - issue is intermittent. Our development team has been unable to replicate the problem.

Expected result

Browser loads a WebDirect page

Actual result

Browser does not load a WebDirect page

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Widgetset 'com.filemaker.jwpc.iwp.widgetset.UIWidgetSet' does not contain implementation for null. Check its component connector's @Connect mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions.

AND

Failed to load the widgetset ./VAADIN/widgetsets/com.filemaker.jwpc.iwp.widgetset.UIWidgetSet/com.filemaker.jwpc.iwp.widgetset.UIWidgetSet.nocache.js?1435714251207

Configuration information

FileMaker Server: Running 2-server setup with dedicated Web Publishing server, all servers are Windows Server 2012.

Client is using the latest version of Google Chrome.

Vaadin1.PNG

• 1. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
          TSGal

Jason Nardozza:

Thank you for your post.

It's not clear if the error message is coming from the WebDirect client or from FileMaker Server.

If you go to another machine using either the same version of Google Chrome or another browser (Safari for Mac, Internet Explorer for Windows), does the issue still occur?

When this issue occurs, is there anything in the Event log or Access log that appears out of the ordinary?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible causes.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
            jnardozza

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of additional information. We were unable to reproduce the problem on any of our own machines. The issue was reported by a client of ours. We did not find anything in the event or access logs that would indicate a problem with the server, and we have tested WebDirect in FileMaker 14 quite heavily without running into either of these error messages ourselves.

Since receiving the bug report we have updated our servers to 2012R2, and the issue has not recurred. It is hard to say if the problem is solved or if it was just an intermittent problem. If the error returns I will update this issue report with any additional information we find.

• 3. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
              DanAras

Hello, we have the same problem occurring with portal views over LAN, and also have random rendering errors with tab labels etc, usually on more complex layouts. The problem is intermittent, using all browsers. It may be time-outs but we don't have this problem with any other intranet web service. The problem doesn't occur after a time out but on new sessions.  The only way to restore the problem is to log out and log back in. Clearing cache and history does not help.  We are running Windows Server 2008R2 in VM on fairly fast server hardware. There are no errors in any log. This problem is new in FMS 14.  

We are running latest Filemaker 14 update and all databases are consistency checked OK. This is occurring with, say, 4 or 5 concurrent users. (edit: I just wonder whether this is due to the server being briefly busy with scheduled scripts from a data importing and printing robot FMP install we have. It would be great if the development team could give us a clue as to what conditions might lead to failure to load widget sets at session initialization?) 

Cheers

Daniel

• 4. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
                TSGal

Dan Aras:

Thank you for your post.

I have sent a request to our Development and Testing departments for insight into this issue.  When I receive a reply, I will let you know.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
                  TSGal

Dan Aras:

Development and Testing is unable to replicate the issue, so they have asked for a copy of your database file.  Please check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
                    peters4oz

I had this same mysterious Vaadin error in the WebDirect version of my FileMaker database. 

The issue for me was that I had included in-line comments on some script lines.

While these in-line comments seemed fine within the FileMaker application, under WebDirect they caused the VAADIN "Widgetset 'com.filemaker.jwpc.iwp.widgetset.UIWidgetSet' does not contain implementation for null" error. 

The comments looked like this:

inLineComments.png

Putting the comments on their own line solved the issue for me.

Cheers,

Peter

• 7. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
                      MichaelHeider

Hi,

I assume, your customer is working with Windows 10?! We have the same problem (user is having the problem and I'm not able to reproduce it), but my hottest clue is, that the machine, where the error occurs runs Windows 10!

-Michael

• 8. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
                        m.swanston

I was seeing this issue today, viewing in chrome on Win7 via webdirect. I refreshed the page (logged in and out) and it's gone away. Bizarre! Each drop-down contained the same text mentioned above i.e. "Widgetset 'com.filemaker.jwpc.iwp.widgetset.UIWidgetSet' does not contain implementation for null" .

It's gone away now, but an odd thing to see!

Thanks

Martin

• 9. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
                          MichaelHeider

Hi,

same by us: This error occures once per opening the browser. If you close the browser and start again, it will come back exactly one time ...

Sincerly / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

- Dipl.-Ing. Michael Heider

• 10. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
                            amallo

A remote user got a very similar error:

"Action is Running

Widgetset 'com.filemaker.jwpc.iwp.widgetset.UIWidgetSet' does not contain implementation for unknown class with id 15. Check its component connector's @Connect mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions."

Server: FileMaker Server 15, 2 server deployment hosted in Sydney data centre.

User: based in UK, using Windows 10 with Chrome 51.0.2704.103. They also tried Explorer - same result.

When do you get the error? – Loads for ages, sometimes error comes up sometimes doesn’t

What happens when you press the ‘add-on instructions’? - Nothing

The users says it use to work well then it just stopped working. No new software added to the machine.

They can't work at the moment.

Do you have a solution to this?

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 5.21.59 AM.png

• 11. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
                              TSGal

amallo:

You mention "A remote user got a very similar error", and then say "The users says it use to work well then it just stopped working."  How many (local or remote) users have experienced this message?

If rebooting the browser doesn't fix the issue, have one of the remote users create a new user account for testing purposes, login to the new user account, launch the browser and see if the issue still occurs.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
                                amallo

TSGal,

We have about 20 users on 4 continents happily using WebDirect. This is only happening to one user.

I’ll try recreating her account and see what result they get when they login latter today.

thanks,

andrew

• 13. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
                                  amallo

I created a new account for the user but she said the issue is the problem of just getting to the login.

• 14. Re: Vaadin error from users browser when loading a WebDirect Solution
                                    TSGal

amallo:

My apologies for not being clearer.

Have the client create a new account on her/his machine.  Then, on the machine, login to the new user account, launch a browser, and attempt to login to the hosted file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

1 2 Previous Next