Value list breaks when single record has no valid relationship to second "display value" table occurrence
Operating system version
Description of the issue
Value list based on related values. Field 1 is coming from related TO A, and second display value comes from a TO that is related to TO A. There is at least one record in TO A for which there is no valid relationship to TO B used for the display value.
when this occurs the value list breaks and no values are shown (not even those that have valid relationships)
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. Base Layout A (eg classes)
2. Relationship (eg a join table) to table B (eg enrolments)
3. A relationship between table B and table C (eg contacts)
4. Setup a value list using related values. First field is from B, second field is from related C. show values relating from table A.
5. Add some records in B and C
6. Needs to be at least one record in B for which there is a non-valid relationship to a record in C.
7. Check value list, should not work, but when you delete the invalid relationship record in B, it works.
EXAMPLE FILE HERE: https://www.sendspace.com/file/e0k2tg
I would expect the value list to always work and show values for all records in B which have a valid relationship to C. For those that do not, just not show them in the VL.
Nothing shows in the value list at all for the situation where there is at least one record in B that has no valid relationship to C for the purposes of the secondary display value in the value list.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
no error, it just doesn't work.