3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2010 7:02 AM by TSGal

Vertical text disappears when set to print slide in FileMaker Pro 11.

bbmccoy520

Summary

Vertical text disappears when set to print slide in FileMaker Pro 11.

Description of the issue

I'm new to the forum, but I've been using FileMaker on and off for 15 years. I work for a union office,  and we print out a number of reports that utilize print sliding. Most of which have tables of numbers. I have vertical text that indicates what each column represents. The new charting feature had me intrigued, so I downloaded the trial version. I started using our database as I normally would, and quickly found that all of my reports were missing some of the vertical text.  After much troubleshooting I found that it seems to be specific to vertical text set to slide up.  Has anyone else seen this behavior? We have tons of reports using these tables. How can I fix this? 

• 1. Re: Vertical text disappears when set to print slide in FileMaker Pro 11.
          TSGal

bbmccoy520:

Thank you for your post.

This problem was reported this past week (non-Forum customer), and it appears to be a Mac only issue.  In essence, text rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise slides to the left, and text rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise slides out of view to the right.

Our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments are aware of this issue, and I have attached your post to the case.  When any information becomes available from these departments, I will post here.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Vertical text disappears when set to print slide in FileMaker Pro 11.
            bbmccoy520

Thank  you for the quick reply TSGal. So... there is no way to fix this issue? I'd like to use charting, but there is no way I can live with this bug. What options do I have? 

• 3. Re: Vertical text disappears when set to print slide in FileMaker Pro 11.
              TSGal

bbmccoy520:

Here is the information from the initial problem reported.

1. In Layout Mode, expand the Body part so it extends beyond one page.

2. Size a field to fill the first page.

3. At the top, right hand corner of the second page, create a text block and rotate it so it is vertical.

4. Select all objects and set to slide up based on all above.

5. Go to Preview Mode.

The text block stays on the second page, and either slides to the left or disappears.

After my own testing, if the text block remains on the first page, the sliding works properly.

Again, this only occurs on Mac OS X, and neither the case nor my testing has found a workaround.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.