View PDF stored inside container not opening Filemaker GO
Operating system version
Windows Server 2008 R2
Description of the issue
After upgrading from Filemaker server 12 Advanced to 13 Advanced the container holding a PDF will not open on Filemaker GO 12 or 13. The same container functions fine on Filemaker Pro and Pro Advanced as well as on Web Direct. After clicking the "view" option from the export menu FMGO will attempt to open the PDF in a viewer but will fail with the error message "Failed to open
Again this is only happening with Filemaker GO 12 and 13 in conjunction with Filemaker server advanced 13. All functions work properly with Filemaker server advanced 12.
Clearing all of the cache folders in the server directory tree seems to allow the PDF to be opened one time and then once the cache is filled again it will fail.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1) Create container on layout with Filemaker Pro 13 Advanced. Set the container to PDF content type.
2) Upload the database to Filemaker Server Advanced and access it from Filemaker Go 13.
3) Tap on the container field and select the "view" option
4) The PDF will open the first time.
5) Close out the app and try the same step again. This time the PDF will not open.
6) Log on to the server and delete the contents in RC_cache and RC_stramingcache and it will open one more time. The next time it will fail again.
The PDF should open in the webviewer.
Failed to open
Nothing opens and error is thrown after the second attempt to open the PDF
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
Failed to open
Log on to the server and delete the contents in RC_cache and RC_stramingcache and it will open one more time. The next time it will fail again.