Viewing portrait photo inserted via camera takes up to 1 minute to show on FM Go 14, Windows FMS 14
Go 14.0.1, FileMaker Server 18.104.22.168
Operating system version
iOS 8.3 (iPhone 5s...also have problem on iPad Air 1 and 2), Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
Description of the issue
Viewing a photo by tapping on it in Go and selecting View should be almost instantaneous when the FileMaker Server is local. But it takes a very long time (30-60 seconds) on a portrait photo that was taken via the camera, if the file is hosted on a Windows FMS. Mac FMSes are fine, and having the file locally on the iOS device works fine too.
I've also had inserting a portrait photo via the camera take a very long time as well, but I can't reproduce it with the steps below. Can only reproduce viewing being slow.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. Create a new FileMaker file
2. Create a container field and place it on the layout
3. Upload the file to a FileMaker Server that's on Windows. The problem doesn't happen on a Mac FMS.
4. Open the file in FileMaker Go.
5. Create a new record and then tap into the container field. Press Camera
6. Take a photo in portrait orientation. Press Use Photo.
7. Tap on the container field and press View. It should take a very long time to open, roughly 30-60 seconds.
The photo should open up instantaneously.
Photo takes 30-60 seconds to open.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
I've also had the problem in FileMaker 13, same sort of setup: Go 13, FMS 13 on Windows.
Four that I've found:
1. Take all photos in landscape orientation
2. Script photo insert with Insert from Device using the Camera, and use Large resolution instead of Full
3. Host the file on a Mac FMS
4. Use the file locally.