1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 10, 2009 7:01 AM by TSGal

Web Folder and Containers in FM Pro 10.0v3

JamesMeiss

Summary

Web Folder and Containers in FM Pro 10.0v3

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 10.0v3,Instant Web Publishing Operating System(s) involved:Mac  OS 10.6.1 Detailed description of the issue:I have a database using Instant Web Publishing that I can view on the web. One field is a container field that contains a relative link to a pdf file.The pdf file is stored in the folder     /Applications/Filemaker Pro 10/Web/which I believe is the "Web folder" referred to in the Instant Web Publishing guide.However, I cannot access this pdf file from my web browser (I get a 404 error).  Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1. Filemaker Pro 10.0v3 is running on a Mac Mini with Mac OS 10.6.12. Insert a relative link to "Read Me.pdf" in a container field from the "Web" folder inside the FMPro application folder.3. The database is shared via IWP using the default options (port 80) 4. Open Safari on a client Mac (10.6.1)5. Go to http://IPADDRESSOFSERVER6. Successfully login and view the database on Safari7. I see a "blue" ReadMe.pdf in my container field8. Double click on this. Expected Result:The pdf file will be found and openActual Result: I get the message  HTTP 404: not found   The requested file was not found at this location.  /Read Me.pdf   Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:The link in the http file seems to be (view by "Inspect element" in Safari):  Read Me.pdf Not sure where the "root" directory is for FMPro, but I thought it was supposed to be "Web" in the FMPro Application folder.The Web folder has permissions:  drwxrwxr-x   4 Admin   staff     136 Nov  8 12:19 WebThe file has permissions -rwxrwxr-x@  1 Admin   staff   216378 Jun 18 19:29 Read Me.pdf The application log says:   2009-11-09 12:41:20 -0700 FM Web Publishing - - wpc1 Error: 404The access.log says:   127.0.0.1:64494 - - 2009-11-09 12:39:16 -0700 "/fmi/conf/config.wpc" 200 2055   MYIPADDRESS:25046 - - 2009-11-09 12:41:20 -0700 "/Read Me.pdf" 404 690  Are my permissions wrong? Is the "Web" folder supposed to be named something else?  

• 1. Re: Web Folder and Containers in FM Pro 10.0v3
          TSGal

James Meiss:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate this problem.  This is what I have done....

1. With FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 running Mac OS X 10.6.1, I created Test.fp7 with one Container field aptly named "Container".

2. I have a file in the following folder:

Macintosh HD -> Applications -> FileMaker Pro 10 -> Web -> Read Me.pdf

3. In the first record of Test.fp7, I inserted as a Picture "Read Me.pdf"

4. In the second record, I inserted as a Picture "Read Me.pdf" - Store as reference.

5. In the third record, I inserted as a File "Read Me.pdf" - Store as reference.

6. I turned on Instant Web Publishing, selected Test.fp7 and set access to all users.

7. On another Macintosh running Mac OS X 10.6.1, I launched Safari, entered the IP address, and I was able to see information in the first two records.  In the third record, I clicked on the link and the Read Me.pdf file displayed.

8. I repeated the same steps on a Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.8.

9. Viewing the source of that frame, I have the identical source listed.  That is:

<a style="color:blue;" href="/Read Me.pdf" target="IWP File Enclosure">Read Me.pdf</a>

I'm not sure what else to try at this point.

Try creating some additional test records, and insert Read Me.pdf as a Picture; with and without stored as a reference.  Does this display?

Any additional information you can provide to help me duplicate the problem would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.