Summary

Web server ip is 192.168.1.xx - Web publishing engine ip is 127.0.0.xx

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

We just installed FM Server 13.  We are able to connect to the databases remotely but performance is so slow that it is
      completely useless.  Performance on FM Go is good.  Could this be because of the IP address difference on the Web publishing engine ?  The Web Server id is 192.168.1.xx while the Web publishing engine is 127.0.0.1.  I can't seem to find a way to change that back to our format ? 
      Any ideas if this could be the root of our lagging performance?

Anyone else having problems with reqests timing out ?

• 1. Re: Web server ip is 192.168.1.xx - Web publishing engine ip is 127.0.0.xx
          philmodjunk

A more complete description of your set up may help others to help you.

Are you accessing the server over a local network (LAN) or at remote location? (WAN)

Are you using web browsers to access the database via WebDirect or are you using FileMaker Pro clients?

• 2. Re: Web server ip is 192.168.1.xx - Web publishing engine ip is 127.0.0.xx
            GlennSieber

Thanks for your interest.  We are currently accessing it on our internal network now.  We are planning on setting it up to be accessed outside of the

physical building.  We are accessing it via WebDirect.  I noticed that when I accessed it via Filemaker Go we didn't seem to have any issues

and when looking at the console, FM GO didn't  register a login under web direct, so that was our first thought that we are getting bound

up with ip issues.  We are able to get to our database, and the sample database so I think that things are basically functional, but no where near

where we need to be for optimization.

Thanks !

• 3. Re: Web server ip is 192.168.1.xx - Web publishing engine ip is 127.0.0.xx
              TSGal

Glenn Sieber:

Thank you for your post.

192.168.1.xxx is a local/private IP Address.  If you are trying to access the file outside the local area network, use the non-local IP Address.  On the machine you are trying to connect, launch a browser and go to whatismyip.com.  This will give you the IP address that can be accessed outside the local area network, and the IP Address you will need to use outside the "physical building" using WebDirect.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.