Summary

WebDirect Bug - Text not center-aligned in the fields with pop-up menus

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.8

Description of the issue

In WebDirect the center-aligned text in the fields with pop-up menus is not centered but is shifted on the right.
      If I change the pop-up menu with a drop-down list the text returns to the center.
      The problem is the same in both Safari and Explorer.

• 1. Re: WebDirect Bug - Text not center-aligned in the fields with pop-up menus
          TSGal

Sandro Boccuccia:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done:

1. I created a database file with a Text field "PopUp".

2. I formatted "PopUp" to be a Pop-up menu with five values.  The field was set for center alignment.

3. I entered five records, each having a different value from the Pop-up menu, and set the Layout to View as List.

3. I made the file available for Network Sharing and WebDirect

4. I uploaded the file to FileMaker Server 13.0v1

5. Using FileMaker Pro 13, I accessed the file remotely.

6. Using Safari, I accessed the file via WebDirect.

Putting FileMaker Pro and WebDirect side-by-side, I could not see a difference.  See the screen shot below.

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in determining the cause.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: WebDirect Bug - Text not center-aligned in the fields with pop-up menus

Thank you for your prompt reply.

When I make a new file, all the texts of all the fields are correct, as in your example.

But with all our old solutions that were created in .fm7 format, than translated in .fmp12, all the fields with popup have this problem.

And all the fields that have the text vertically aligned on the center in WebDirect are shifted on the top (but I verified that this bug is already known)

If I create a new field in a new file and copy the formatted field in an old file of ours, the copied field has the same problems of all the other old fields.

In the attached image you can see our problem.

I believe that it should be caused by a general setting but I can't understand what.

• 3. Re: WebDirect Bug - Text not center-aligned in the fields with pop-up menus
              philmodjunk

That screen shot shows a problem with vertically centered alignment, an issue previously reported here.

For More Information see:     Textbox data not lining up as configured through the client

This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Bug List thread here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.

It can also be downloaded as a database file from:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt09b82i0xijbu3/FMP%20Bugs.zip

• 4. Re: WebDirect Bug - Text not center-aligned in the fields with pop-up menus
                TSGal

Sandro Boccuccia:

Thank you for the additional information.

If possible, I would like to get a copy/clone of your file so I can investigate the right-shifting pop-ups displayed in the left half of your screenshot.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

On the right half of the screen shot, as PhilModJunk has pointed out, this is a known issue.  I have attached your post to the original report so when any information becomes available, I can let you know.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: WebDirect Bug - Text not center-aligned in the fields with pop-up menus

I send you an email with the file.

Thanks You

SB

• 6. Re: WebDirect Bug - Text not center-aligned in the fields with pop-up menus
                    TSGal

Sandro Boccuccia:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the issue using your file.  I have not determined the cause, so I have sent the file to our Development and Testing departments for review.  I will keep you updated as information becomes available to me.

TSGal
                         FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: WebDirect Bug - Text not center-aligned in the fields with pop-up menus
                      TSGal

Sandro Boccuccia:

Our Testing and Development departments are already aware of this issue, as it is related to the Classic Theme prior to version 13.  In WebDirect, alignment, fill and other style attributes will not render properly. To fix this, change to one of the new theme defaults.

TSGal
                           FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: WebDirect Bug - Text not center-aligned in the fields with pop-up menus
                             Thanks for the suggestion but change all our solutions to one of the new themes mean to completely redesign all formats. And of course this is not possible. First, because it would require too much work, and secondly because our solutions have their graphic identity. 
                             Thus, in one of our old solutions, we have created a new format with one of the new default themes and created a field with a popup menu that works properly and we have modified it to comply with our graphic identity. 
                             So we copied the field and placed in the old formats, which still use the classic theme, and the field work properly. 
                             In this way we can change only the fields with pop-up menus and the text in the center and only in formats where they are present. 
                             In any case it is always a great job (for example, the solution posted is composed of 283 formats), I think the bug remains and change the theme is not the right solution.
                        • 9. Re: WebDirect Bug - Text not center-aligned in the fields with pop-up menus
                          TSGal

Sandro Boccuccia:

The vertical alignment issue in WebDirect has been fixed in FileMaker Server 14.0.1.

The second issue with the right-aligned objects will no longer occur since the Classic theme has been removed in FileMaker Pro 14.0.1.

TSGal
                          FileMaker, Inc.