Summary

WebDirect fails simple addition

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Description of the issue

Calculated fields do not add up everything in WebDirect. 

I am attaching a document so you can see what is happening (see items highlighted in red).  If I run a report in FMP client the calculated fields add up from 5 or 14 other summary fields and give the correct answer.  If I go into the DB from WebDirect and run the report, the calculated fields on the first row do not give the correct answer.  I have manipulated the underlying data to have 1's in the other Event fields for this summation, and still get an incorrect answer on the top row.

Another issue is that the calculated rate field in this top row/column does not calculate at all from inside WebDirect.

Any Ideas?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Multiple Summary fields that are then added together to get a total of the summary fields.  The formulas work fine in FMP client, but not in WebDirect

Expected result

Add up the fields correctly

Actual result

does not do the correct addition

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Workaround

Haven't found one

WebDirect_Incorrect_Addtion_Results.png

• 1. Re: WebDirect fails simple addition
          TSGal

DSKatSCL:

Thank you for your post

Our Development and Testing departments are aware of an issue with Web Direct List view where records located above the current record will not be updated properly.

Are these Calculation fields stored or unstored?  If you click into these fields in the current record, do the values then display correctly?  If you go to a different layout and return to the List layout, does it then display properly?  In the "CAUTI Rate Events" column, there are two fields.  What is the calculation formula for left field?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: WebDirect fails simple addition
            DSKatSCL

I went back into my script and told it to go to the first record anytime it changed layouts to see if I could force the correct answer.  No luck!

To answer your questions:

Are these Calculation fields stored or unstored? They are unstored.

If you click into these fields in the current record, do the values then display correctly? Yes, but if you change layouts and come back to the layout, the numbers go back to displaying incorrectly.

If you go to a different layout and return to the List layout, does it then display properly? No, I have four layout that display this data in slightly different fashions.  Three of the four do not have a "Body" section.  They are summary data only.  On these three, results are incorrect, (if the screen even completely renders).  On the four that has the detail, a body section, the correct data is shown.

In the "CAUTI Rate Events" column, there are two fields.  What is the calculation formula for left field?

csCAUTI Rate Calculation (Number) Unstored, from HAC Events Premier, = sCAUTI / Discharges Premier::Total Cases * HAC Rate Multiplier

Supporting fields for this formula:

sCAUTI Summary (Number) = Count of CAUTI (running with restart), when sorted by HAC Events Premier::Facility Abbrev

CAUTI Rate Calculation (Number) Unstored, from HAC Events Premier, = (CAUTI / Discharges Premier::Total Cases) * HAC Rate Multiplier  (This is set at 1,000)

• 3. Re: WebDirect fails simple addition
              TSGal

DSKatSCL:

Thank you for the additional information.

Our Development and Testing departments were aware of Grand Summary and Sub-Summary parts failing to render properly when no Body part exists in FileMaker Server 13.0v1, but this was supposedly fixed in 13.0v2.  Since this is still occurring, our Testers would like to see a copy of your database file so they can work with it here and determine the cause of the issue.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: WebDirect fails simple addition
                TSGal

DSKatSCL:

I have received  your file.  Thank you.

I am able to replicate the issue with your summary layout.  I have sent your file along with my findings to our Development and Testing department to see if this is related to the known issue mentioned in the previous reply.  I will keep you posted as information becomes available to me.

TSGal
                FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: WebDirect fails simple addition
                  TSGal

DSKatSCL:

Our Testing department has confirmed the issue as it is NOT related to the previous report.  Their findings have been sent along to Development for additional review.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: WebDirect fails simple addition
                    philmodjunk

An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.

• 7. Re: WebDirect fails simple addition
                      TSGal

DSKatSCL:

This issue has been addressed in FileMaker Server 16.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.