Thank you for your post.
I am unable to replicate the issue. This is what I have done.
1. I created a database file with two tables; Master and Portal, linked together through a key field named ID.
2. In Master, I created one record with a Name field.
3. In Portal, I created several records with different Addresses.
4. In Portal, I created a Portal into Master including a button with Go To Related Record, showing only related records and current record.
5. In Master, I created a portal into Portal that includes a popover to display all five address components (Street, City, State, Zip and Country).
6. I set the file for FileMaker Sharing and WebDirect, and I uploaded the file to FileMaker Server 13.
7. I opened a browser, and selected the file hosted in FileMaker Server 13.
8. I went to the Portal layout, and clicked on the button in the portal to take me to the record in the Master layout.
9. In the Master layout, I selected the third record in the portal, and clicked the popover to display the fields.
10. I launched FileMaker Pro 13, and accessed the hosted file.
11. I go to the portal layout, find the record that is currently being displayed in WebDirect popover, and change the country from United States to Mexico, and committed the record. In a few seconds, the record in the Popover is updated to show Country is Mexico.
Let me know what step(s) I am missing so I can reproduce the issue.
Thanks for the reply and sorry it's taken me some time to get back to this.
I followed your script to create a new database and found that the behavior was indeed not the same as in my own file. I've tried unsuccessfully to reproduce my problem in the new file. My database at issue uses the anchor-bouy design. I don't know if this may be a clue, but once I had the test database up and functional, with a popover showing details for a record on the portal layout, I went back to FM13 and added a new a-b style TOG to see if it would be the difference. I happened to notice that when I closed the Manage Database window after adding the new related TO's, the portal in the WebDirect window was showing data from the last record rather than the current record, similar to what happens in my problem database!
I tried other ideas to try to replicate the issue, but no success. I'm willing to send my database if that is an option for you.
Feel free to send in your file. Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send your file.