WebDirect Popover shows wrong record

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

All

Description of the issue

On Client #1 (WebDirect):
      Starting from a list layout run a script to GTRR, Show only related records, Current record only.
      Land on a layout showing a list of several related records. Show some fields for one of the records on a Popover. (I have a button in the list that loads detail fields.)

Now, on Client #2 (any type):
      Make any change, by any means, on any layout to the record showing in the Popover on WebDirect Client #1.

Back to Client #1:
      The record in the popover will update, showing data from the wrong record. It will be data from the last record of the found set.

Issue occurs only if Client #1 is a WebDirect client.

Initially, I thought this issue occurred only when Client #1 uses GTRR to get to the list. After attempting to workaround by scripting a Find and Go to Layout, discovered that the issue is not specific to the GTRR - it occurs in both cases.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Steps to reproduce are listed in description of the issue.

Expected result

Self explanatory. See description.

Actual result

Self explanatory. See description.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Configuration information

N/A

Workaround

None found

• 1. Re: WebDirect Popover shows wrong record
          TSGal

mikeryan:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  This is what I have done.

1. I created a database file with two tables; Master and Portal, linked together through a key field named ID.

2. In Master, I created one record with a Name field.

3. In Portal, I created several records with different Addresses.

4. In Portal, I created a Portal into Master including a button with Go To Related Record, showing only related records and current record.

5. In Master, I created a portal into Portal that includes a popover to display all five address components (Street, City, State, Zip and Country).

6. I set the file for FileMaker Sharing and WebDirect, and I uploaded the file to FileMaker Server 13.

7. I opened a browser, and selected the file hosted in FileMaker Server 13.

8. I went to the Portal layout, and clicked on the button in the portal to take me to the record in the Master layout.

9. In the Master layout, I selected the third record in the portal, and clicked the popover to display the fields.

10. I launched FileMaker Pro 13, and accessed the hosted file.

11. I go to the portal layout, find the record that is currently being displayed in WebDirect popover, and change the country from United States to Mexico, and committed the record.  In a few seconds, the record in the Popover is updated to show Country is Mexico.

Let me know what step(s) I am missing so I can reproduce the issue.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: WebDirect Popover shows wrong record
            mikeryan

TSGal,

Thanks for the reply and sorry it's taken me some time to get back to this.

I followed your script to create a new database and found that the behavior was indeed not the same as in my own file. I've tried unsuccessfully to reproduce my problem in the new file. My database at issue uses the anchor-bouy design. I don't know if this may be a clue, but once I had the test database up and functional, with a popover showing details for a record on the portal layout, I went back to FM13 and added a new a-b style TOG to see if it would be the difference. I happened to notice that when I closed the Manage Database window after adding the new related TO's, the portal in the WebDirect window was showing data from the last record rather than the current record, similar to what happens in my problem database!

I tried other ideas to try to replicate the issue, but no success. I'm willing to send my database if that is an option for you.

-Mike

• 3. Re: WebDirect Popover shows wrong record
              TSGal

mikeryan:

Feel free to send in your file.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send your file.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.