10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 7:22 AM by philmodjunk

Webviewer does not show website (Win 7 64 bit)

ThomasBauer

Summary

Webviewer does not show website (Win 7 64 bit)

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12 and 13

Operating system version

Win 7 64 bit

Description of the issue

the website "http://www.contoba.de/ckeditor/_samples/replacebyclass.html" is not displayed in the webviewer on a Win 7 64 bit machine. Same URL opens in Firefox 26 and IE 11.9.
      On OSX 10.9.1 the webviewer works as expected

Steps to reproduce the problem

Download the example and test with Win 7 64 bit and FM 12 or 13

www.contoba.de/egal.fmp12

Expected result

http://www.contoba.de/ckeditor/_samples/replacebyclass.html
      sould be displayed in the Webviewer as well

Actual result

not displayed

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

n.a.

Configuration information

Win 7 64 bit, Firewall not a cause (?) since the URL opens in ordinary browsers

Workaround

Use a Mac (which is not a real alternative for my customers

• 1. Re: Webviewer does not show website (Win 7 64 bit)
          TSGal

Thomas Bauer:

Thank you for your post.

The WebViewer is not a browser.  It will send information to the webkit (built upon Safari on Mac; Internet Explorer on Windows) and the information to be displayed.  Since the HTML file is calling a Javascript file and a CSS file, this may be the issue that Windows is having difficulty processing.  If you want, send in your HTML, Javascript, and CSS files, and I'll try to narrow down the issue for you.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the files.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Webviewer does not show website (Win 7 64 bit)
            TSGal

Thomas Bauer:

I received your files.  Thank you.

I was unable to replicate the issue on my Windows 7 32-bit computer, as the information is displayed.  I do have access to a Windows 7 64-bit computer via VMware, but I cannot find a way to copy your file onto this machine.  Therefore, I launched FileMaker Pro 13, created a new file (TEST.fmp12) with one text field (Name) and a WebViewer that references Name.

In the first record, I entered the link above (http://www.contona.de/ckeditor/_samples/replacebyclass.html) into Name, and the WebViewer displays the objects.  In the second record, I entered the forum link, and this worked as expected.  In the Web Viewer, I logged in as my name, and the Reply section was accessible and visible.

I am not able to change the language to German on this virtual machine.  To see if this is a German language issue, can you try changing the language on one of your machines to English and see if this works?

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Webviewer does not show website (Win 7 64 bit)
              ThomasBauer

Dear TSGal,

I change to US English the following settings

•           region and languages > format > USA
              •      
              •           prestent location > USA
              •      
              •           keybord and languages> US English
              •      
              •           language for Unicode incompatible programs (region scheme) USA

Besides that I changed the Internet security settings to default.

Anyway, I dont get it running, very strange, especially other developers with the same environment had the same experience as me

Anyway thank you for your efforts to help me

With kind regards

Thomas

• 4. Re: Webviewer does not show website (Win 7 64 bit)
                TSGal

Thomas Bauer:

Thank you for testing this out.

Yes, very strange that it works for me.

Do you have any plug-ins installed?  If so, temporarily disable them and see if it works.

Did this work with FileMaker Pro/Server 12?

What other applications do you have running concurrently?  If you only have FileMaker Pro running, do you notice any difference?

Are you running FileMaker Pro on a local computer or a remote computer?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible causes.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Webviewer does not show website (Win 7 64 bit)
                  ThomasBauer

Dear TSGal,

the case seems hopless to me: I went back to FM 10, siwtched off any plugins as well as Norton antivirus, set up a new file with 1 field and 1 webviewer:

http://www.contoba.de/ckeditor/_samples/replacebyclass.html

opens only with a box, but without the (java script triggert) bottons

Since also other developers experienced this phenomenon on their Win 7 64 bit machines, I have decided to blame it to windows and one of their patch days (because it definately was possible to call that page ca 2-3 months ago without having nothing knowingly changed from my side). Perhaps Microsoft has exacerbated the security settings deep inside the system.

Very unsatisfying, but it seems to me that this is the end of the road.

Thanks anyway & I appreciated your effort to help me

Thomas

• 6. Re: Webviewer does not show website (Win 7 64 bit)
                    TSGal

Thomas Bauer:

Since I hadn't updated Windows 7 in many months, I applied all the Windows 7 64-bit updates, and now I am experiencing the same results as you.  That is, an empty box in the Web Viewer.  Therefore, something in the latest Windows update has changed the way web requests are accessed.

I have forwarded this information to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
                         FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Webviewer does not show website (Win 7 64 bit)
                      ThomasBauer

TSGal:

it is always good not to walk alone.

Looking forward to the comment of your colleagues

Kind regards

Thomas

• 8. Re: Webviewer does not show website (Win 7 64 bit)
                        TSGal

Thomas Bauer:

Our Testing department was able to confirm that the update to Internet Explorer 11 is the cause.  The issue did not occur with Internet Explorer 9.  When applying updates only for Internet Explorer to version 10, the issue still did not occur.  When applying updates only for Internet Explorer to version 11, the issue was then apparent.  All updates to Internet Explorer 11 still show the same issue.

The information has been sent to Development for review.

TSGal
                             FileMaker, Inc.

• 9. Re: Webviewer does not show website (Win 7 64 bit)
                          ThomasBauer

Dear TSGal,

thank you  for your follow-up. Lets hope the Development will work as well as you.

With kind regards from Germany

Thomas

• 10. Re: Webviewer does not show website (Win 7 64 bit)
                            philmodjunk

An entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Any Comments/Questions/Suggested Corrections should be posted here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Known Bugs List thread.