Thank you for your post.
What is the script step you are using to generate the calculation for the Web Viewer? Is the Web Viewer accessing a text field, and the script step updates the field? I'll need more information in order to test this.
There is not script step. The URL-calculation is inside the Web Viewer.
File 1. A calculation that uses Case() to give a URL depending on fields in the database.
File 2. I copy the Web Viewer from File 1 and without have the same fields or TO in File 2. The url calculation is working as it still was in File 1 until I close File 1 then it gives me error message.
I am still unable to replicate the problem. Here are the steps I took:
1. In File1.fp7, I created a text field "Test1".
2. I added a record and entered "Yes" into Test1.
3. On my Layout, I created a Web Viewer with the formula:
If ( File1::Test1 = "Yes" ; "http://www.filemaker.com" ; "" )
4. In Browse mode, the FileMaker web site appears as expected.
5. Returning to Layout mode, I copied the Web Viewer to the clipboard.
6. In File2.fp7, I went to a layout and pasted the Web Viewer. Since Test1 field doesn't exist, I had to change the formula.
7. I went into the formula and changed it to:
If ( IsEmpty (File2::Field5) ; "http://www.filemaker.com" ; "" )
8. I go into Browse Mode, and when I blank out Field5, the FileMaker web site displays.
9. I close out File1.fp7, and the web site still displays.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll again try to replicate the problem.
Have a field called Va06_Valuta_Förkortning with value of USD. I have a script that sets a variable to a url:
"http://www.google.com/search?q=1" & "SEK" & "+in+" & Fö_Valuta::Va06_Valuta_Förkortning & "&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8"
When I enter the layout I use a script trigger to set the url in the variable and use the variable in a Web Viewer window.
The file is a GUI-file and uses a same table as Fö_Valuta but instead the name is Va_Valuta. I copy the script from File 1. Then url wont change the value Fö_Valuta to Va_Valuta until I close File 1. After I close File 1 everything works fine.
I'm assuming the layout in File 2 (Va_Valuta) also has a script trigger to set the URL when entering the layout
In any case, I created the same calculation and fields in my File1.fp7. My variable is named $$var. The OnLayoutEnter script trigger calls the script "Set Variable", where your formula above is put into $$var. The Web Viewer display properly when I enter the Layout. I then switched to my File2.fp7, imported the script "Set Variable", and changed the formula to reference File2:: instead of File1::. I set the Layout for OnLayoutEnter to run "Set Variable". I placed a Web Viewer on the layout and set it to $$var. It works exactly the same way, and File1 is still open.
Let me know what else to try.
Only difference I did was to copy the script over to File 2. I´m 100% sure it didn´t work until I closed File 1, because I tried it two times. Maybe I had something wrong with my local version of FMPA11v2 at the time, but I dont think so