This bug does not occur with FM 10.0v3 running on the same machine under Mac OS X 10.6.4.
This bug does not occur with FM 11.0v2 running on Windows XP SP3.
The bug appears to be specific to FM 11 running on Mac OS X.
Thank you for your posts.
I am unable to replicate the problem using FileMaker Pro 11.0v2 under Mac OS X 10.6.5. Here are the steps I took.
1. I created a Text file, myFile.txt, with four words ("This is a test.").
2. I created another Text file, mySmallerFile.txt, with one word ("TSGal").
3. I created a database file (Test.fp7), one table, with the following two fields:
4. In the first record, I put my cursor in "Container", pulled down the Insert menu and selected "File...". I attached the file mySmallerFile.txt and checked the option "Store only a reference to the file".
5. I added several names until I had 15 names.
6. I pulled down the File menu and selected "Export Records..."
7. Under "Save as:", I entered "myFile.txt" (wihtout the quotes). For "Type:", I select Tab-Separated Text. When I clicked "Save", I received the message that "myFile.txt already exists. Do you want to replace it?". I click Replace, I move over the Name field and click "Export".
When I open myFile.txt, only those names appear. "This is a test" does not appear.
Please let me know what I'm doing differently than you, and I'll try to replicate the problem.
Thank you for following up on this.
The difference is in step 6. (Note that step 5 isn't needed since only one container field on one record is needed.)
6. Control-click (or Right click) on the container field. Choose "Export Field Contents..." from the pop-up menu.
You were testing the Export Records command. The bug is in the Export Field Contents command.
Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for the additional information.
I am able to replicate the problem with FileMaker Pro 11 on both Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) and Mac OS X 10.6.5 (Snow Leopard). It works as expected on Windows XP.
I can confirm your findings that his problem does not exist under FileMaker Pro 10.
I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Product Management departments for review and confirmation. I will keep you posted as information becomes available to me.
Sorry for the late reply.
Our Testing team was able to replicate the problem, and it has been sent to Development for further review. No other information is available.