Summary

Where's the "Faster" in 12?

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7 64 bit Professional

Description of the issue

Hi - I'm an FM 11 Pro Advanced user and testing 12.  Your promos say it's faster, but I find in reality, its like walking through mud up to your knees.  Where's the faster?  Simply loading a layout takes many times longer in 12 than in 11.  I'm pretty sure it has to do with the new "improved" container fields.  My solution has skins which populate container fields from a settings table with buttons, backgrounds, conditionally formatted fonts, etc.  It's also fairly script intensive in the screen that loads REALLY slowly.  What's up with that?  A screen that populates in a fraction of a second in 11 now takes 7 seconds to load in 12 - not an option.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Take my 11 Pro Advanced solution and convert to 12.  Run it and start navigating around.

Expected result

Faster loading of layouts and execution of scripts.

Actual result

Many times slower than 11.

Workaround

None found.

• 1. Re: Where's the "Faster" in 12?
          rmanook

Hi George Peterson:

Thanks for submitting your post.

If possible, I would like to get a copy of your database in-house for research and testing against the benchmarks provided.  I have sent you a private message with information about where you can send the file.  To view this, click on the Inbox link in the upper right corner of this forum.

Thanks,
          tsturtle
          FileMaker, Inc.