The issue may lie with the fact that your file is converted from the older format. When I have tested this issue previously with a brand new file created in FileMaker 12, I can't reproduce this.
Thanks Phil, that is my conclusion at this time. I tried a conversion from fp7 to fmp12, with a relatively simple file. It all works well in fmp12. Files in containers can be embed by saving a self-contained copy. But I suspect a complex fmp file, with ~ 100 or more Table Ocurrences and interconected TO, something may go kaput on conversion to fmp12. This is the only solution I have that is so complex, actually is the only FM solution I have made.
Don't know if any one else has ran into this as an issue. Hoping a Filemaker person can provide some type of feedback.
You seem to be everywhere in these forums, thanks for all your help in the past, good luck in your other life pursuits, but first you must break the FM Forum addiction :) Enjoy,
Unless I am talking to the same person who raised this issue in the FMPro Forum a while back, you are the second person that I know of to report being unable to save a self contained copy from a converted file. They found that a simple test file worked fine so I suggested that there may be an issue with the file.
Just to rule out possible issues, you might recover a copy of the file and test it to see if that makes any difference. You might even recover the original using fileMaker 11 and then convert the file to see what happens.
Same person, recovering the original is a good suggestion. After transfer, I did save as Compact, Recover, and then Clone. But doing it first in FM 11 is a good idea. Will check it out. Thanks.
BTW, I posted it as an issue to see if Fillemaker may comeback with a response.