Summary

Window size in Layout Mode shrinks horizontally

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OSX 10.6.4

Description of the issue

When switching to layout mode the window shrinks horizontally. This presents two problems: the far right of the layout isn't visible and the status bar at the top doesn't include all the options until the window is resized. I've searched the forum for posts on this but found none.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Go to Layout Mode in any layout

Expected result

The entire Layout should be visible given the window is large enough to display the layout in Browse Mode.

Actual result

Window is slightly less wide.

Workaround

Resize the window while in layout mode.

• 1. Re: Window size in Layout Mode shrinks horizontally
          TSGal

RickWhitelaw:

Thank you for your post.

Using a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.4 and FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 (and FileMaker Pro 11.0v2), I am unable to replicate the problem.  When I switch from Browse Mode to Layout Mode, the width of the window stays the same, whether I have Status Toolbar and/or Formatting Bar turned on/off.  This appears to behave the same on FileMaker Pro 11.0v2.

Does this occur for you with a new file?  Using Object Info, what is the size of the window?  What is the overall size?  What screen resolution are you using?  Any other information you can provide to help me replicate the issue would be appreciated.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.