Window size problem with V3 patch

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v3 Advanced

Operating system version

Windows8.1 version 6.3 Build 9600

Description of the issue

When I apply the 13.0v3 updater to Filemaker Pro Advanced, All of my windows using "resize to fit" are about a quarter inch too big horizontally. So if everything is positioned to the left as by default, there's a quarter inch extra apace on the right. Where windows used to be flush side-by-side, there's now about a 1/4 inch overlap, etc. THe attached issue shows a sample layout before and after.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Filemaker from scratch a few times, and if I reinstall it without the V3 updater, all is OK. As soon as I apply the updater again, I get the problem.

I have another user with the same environment: same hardware, same OS version, but he doesn't have the problem. The patch worked without incident on his.

My work-around is to uninstall Filemaker and reinstall it without the updater.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Any time I apply the updater V3 the problem occurs.

Expected result

Resize to fit sized my windows according to my layout size

Actual result

Resize to fit leaves about 1/4 inch extra space on the right of each layout.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None

Configuration information

None

Workaround

Uninstall Filemaker and reinstall without the 0v3 updater

FM_Patch_Issue.JPG

• 1. Re: Window size problem with V3 patch
          philmodjunk

To repeat a suggestion I made when you reported this over in the FM Pro forum:

Check the windows display control panel. Is it set to 100%? If it is not, change it to 100% and see if that makes a difference in the results that you get.

• 2. Re: Window size problem with V3 patch
            TSGal

nmlb:

Thank you for your post.

I don't have immediate access to a Windows 8 machine, but I am unable to replicate the issue under Windows 7.

Also check your system's display settings.  A number of graphic issues have been reported on Windows OS when the display settings are set to anything other than 100%.  If your settings are 125%, switch to 100% and see if the issue continues.

If this is not the issue, let me know, and I'll seek out a Windows 8.1 machine and test it.  Any other information you can provide may also be helpful.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.